Thursday, July 18, 2013

Life with the Belly.



Thirty-nine and a half inches around. Twenty-five weeks and four days along.

It's getting hard to reach things on the second shelf in the kitchen because I am small and have short arms, so the distance between the belly and the counter top makes a big difference. Rolling over in bed has shifted from a three-step process (up to the middle, pause, flip to the other side) to a five-point turn. Steve has officially begun to make whale noises when I lift myself out of a chair. :)

I was thinking, when all this started, that when Steve started intern year and was busy a lot I would be sewing up a storm making maternity clothes and baby things. What I didn't count on was being oh so very tired! I am pushing myself to get something extra done every day--a freezer meal, a Pinterest challenge, an item off my boring and endless to-do list--but other than that I am taking it day by day.

Some mornings I pop up feeling perky, eat breakfast, cycle for an hour at the gym, and still have the energy to come home and clean, cook, and craft. Other days, like today, I eat breakfast and immediately feel nauseated. I tried to hit the gym this morning and had to haul the poor kiddos back home after only half an hour so I could lay on the couch.

What I have been doing with surprising regularity is watching the West Wing on Netflix in my toy-cluttered family room. :)


On good days my daily project is something like unpacking more moving boxes, organizing the pantry, or clearing storage stuff out of baby girl's room-to-be.


Some nights my project is as simple as painting my toenails (which was much harder than I remember it being with the belly in the way).


(I had to lean out to get this shot--normally I can't even see my toes!)

Tonight my big project was just picking up the toys I failed to pick up (or help the kids pick up) this morning... or afternoon...

Some days I just order maternity clothes online (or send them back if they don't fit). Mostly maxi dresses and stretchy shirts. Maxi dresses are the best invention.

Baby girl and I have been eating a lot of yummy food to stay full (because in addition to being tired enough to take long naps every afternoon, we are also always hungry!).

Breakfast...

Lunch:

Snack:
(Cashews are the only nut that I don't currently pregnancy-hate.)

Dinner:
(This is a Cafe Rio copycat recipe for their sweet pork and it is soooo good! Just what my little pregnant self has been craving!)

Also... I sometimes eat a second breakfast, and almost ALWAYS eat dinner with the kids followed by my own dinner a few hours later. And dessert before bedtime. :)

Oh, it is ten. I can't wait to go crawl in my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment