Thursday, February 28, 2013

The hunger games.

Cue the Jaws music; the pregnancy nausea is circling me with its little food-aversion/craving fin.

We've only just started week 5, so I am hoping this is just a fluke. (No pun intended.) Maybe I am just psyching myself out... But this feels awfully familiar. Yesterday I woke up from a nap (a looong nap) and there it was: I felt sick. A bowl of cereal, some toast, and some nuts, and some cranberries seemed to even things out a bit, and a few hours later I was feeling back to normal.

But I woke up today with the hunger. That hunger that just won't go away. I eat something, and I am good for maybe 30 minutes, and then I'm scanning the kitchen for snacks again. If I wait it out and don't eat something I start to feel a little... carsick. Even though I'm just on the couch. :)

I've been trying to enjoy food/feed baby (pretty) well while I can, so for the past few days we've been munching on healthy stuff like homemade granola with milk and fruit for breakfast (YUM) or a little spinach/cheddar/grape tomato omelet. I love food. Morning sickness is even sadder when you love food! So I am hoping for/praying for/assuming the best: that this is as bad as its going to get.


Actually, I've been mentally preparing myself this time. With Gracie I was at work (though I did get some half-work-from-home-days when the sickness was really bad), but with Charlie I was pretty much sleeping/on the couch feeling gross all the time. So with this little one, I've decided that no matter how bad it gets, I'm going to try really hard to live as much normal life as possible. I'm going to get out of the house, go to the gym as close to daily as I can manage, try not to let depression get its claws in me, and try to keep engaging with my kiddos. I'm going to rely on God to help me get through each day as happily and productively as possible. And, when I need to, I'm going to rest.


Meals eaten today:

Granola and milk
Scrambled eggs
Pasta and Cesar salad
Chocolate chip cookie
Frosted mini wheats
Granola
Macaroni and cheese (homemade by Steve)
Chocolate chip cookies
Pre-bedtime granola (to hold me through the night)

Oh, and fun fact. My first actual craving was one of the same first-cravings I had with Charlie: penne with marinara and a cesar salad. Which is what all 3.5 of us had for lunch today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment