Wednesday, May 15, 2013

16 weeks.




Sunday (Mother's Day!) marked the completion of 16 full weeks of pregnancy, and Steve called me out for dressing to enhance the bump (skirt up high and a belt over the belly) but I figured since it was Mother's Day, I wanted to show off baby #3. But actually it doesn't look quite as big in the pictures as it did in real life. I guess polka dots are slimming.

Gracie and I checked baby's new size on my Baby Center app, and were both really excited that it was an avocado, because I had one in the fridge at home. We pulled it out when we got back from church and she held it up to my belly and giggled.


I made Steve snap pictures while I was still in my church clothes (lets be honest, I look the cutest on church days) in front of our new front door. :)


I'm feeling much better (down to one Zofran a day almost every day this week) and can eat almost anything without trouble, though I do still find peanut butter pretty gross, and potatoes taste good but make me feel like I've eaten carnival food afterward.

I'm hungrier, too! I pretty much have to eat the same time the kids do (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner... and a snack after the kids are in bed) and tonight we went to the Yate's house for a cookout (that's Southern for "a barbecue") and I ate three hot dogs, some zucchini, roasted potatoes, a corn on the cob, two brownies and some Pepsi. I will still probably need a snack in an hour. :)

Baby is still kicking away, and feels sort of like popcorn popping. It isn't constant, but it happens a lot more than I'd expected it to be happening this early on. It is such a treat, and I can't wait for Steve to be able to feel it, too. That is just the best; it lights him up.

Also this week I've noticed an increase in my energy levels, though I am still (somehow) surprised by how easily I tire out. I forget that carrying a baby--even an avocado sized one--takes so much energy. I just feel kind of drained sometimes. But when I'm not having a toes up, we are working on getting the house unpacked and it feels more like ours every day. I am so happy to think of bringing a sweet new little bundle home to here in the Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment