Friday, May 3, 2013

The First Trimester Stats.

Glory, glory! The first trimester is over! While I'm still not completely un-nauseas, I am so much more functional, happy, and able to bear the smells of things. And I am eating pretty normal foods now, for the most part, though there is still a lot of Annie's Macaroni and Cheese going on over here.

Here are the stats. I am going to over-share on the symptoms for the sake of my own future knowledge, so feel free to skip that column if you don't want to know. :)

Stats:

Pre-pregnancy weight: 113 lbs
First-trimester end weight: 116 lbs
Net weight gain: 3 lbs
Doctor visits: 4
Ultrasounds: 1
Cups peed in: 3
# of times throwing up: 4-6 (total!)
When we told people: ~6 weeks

The last two times I was pregnant, I tried to stay away from medication as much as possible, but this time I was a little more laid back. I just didn't know if I could get through the nausea again! And luckily my doctor's office sent out a great list of approved medications for other stuff, because I got allergies when the yellow pollen started drifting across Winston Salem. :)

Medications:

Odansetron (generic for Zofran, for nausea)
Unisom (nightly, for nausea--this is the first thing that has ever made a BIG difference for me!)
Colase & Peri-colase (to counteract the lovely Zofran side effects!)
Loratadine (for allergies)

These are all ongoing, but hopefully I'll be off the Zofran around week 16-ish.

My symptoms with this baby have been different! I mean, some have been the same, but I've had some new and surprising (and yeah, kind of icky) stuff with this baby. I don't blame you if you want to skip this part, but I wanted to write things down for myself so I don't wonder if something is weird if I decide to do this pregnancy thing again someday. :)

First Trimester Symptoms:

Fatigue (first noticeable symptom, still going on!)
Nausea -- starting between week 5-6 mark (but seems less intense than with Charlie), started to lessen significantly around week 12/13
Breast tenderness (TMI, sorry--but this has never happened to me before!)
Spotting at week 8 (also has never happened before!)
Peeing a lot (at least once a night, too--boo)
Food aversions
Tenderness of stomach & pelvic floor (are you so grossed out yet?)

Food has been random. I wouldn't say I've had cravings, but there have been somethings that have consistently sounded good for a week or two. And some that sound so gross I can barely talk about them.

Cravings:

Cheddar bratwurst (for at least 2 weeks)
Microwavable fettuccine alfredo (for at least 2 weeks)
Eggs
Mac & Cheese (we switched from Kraft to Annie's organic to make this less gross; most recent craving)
Rice Krispies/Special K/any rice cereal

Aversions:

Bread, especially wheat bread, ESPECIALLY crusts. (I have been cutting all my crusts off!)
Any non-rice cereal
Peanut butter (normally one of my favorite foods; I can't even eat a Reeses lately)
Nuts

The funny thing about this pregnancy is things that bothered me with the first two (eggs, chicken, beef) have sounded really good most days. I would WAY rather eat a hamburger, for example, than a bowl of Wheaties right now.

So those are the stats for the first trimester. I'm hoping the second will have me feeling a little more energetic, and hopefully not nauseas at all by... my birthday? I'd like to eat something really good for dinner that night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment