Tuesday, June 4, 2013

19 weeks.


Baby is now about 6 inches long and reportedly the size of an heirloom tomato. (A very fancy tomato, no?) We celebrated his/her 19 week birthday on Sunday, by attending Stake Conference at our church and by slipping into the bigger, comfier fakey wedding ring I bought when I was preggers with Charlie, since my fingers have either swollen or gotten pregnant. (Ew, sorry that sounds kind of gross actually.) Either way, they are fatter, and I had to get my hands soapy to get the real ring off!

As the kids sat down for lunch I had Steve snap a picture of me still in my nice clothes. I just wore one of my regular skirts hiked up over the belly. Not sure how long I will be able to do that, so I'm enjoying occasionally being in pants/skirts that don't have a huge elastic waistband. :)


Steve says I need a haircut for summer. I can't decide. I am tempted to grow it out for braiding. Maybe just a trim and some shaping?

But I digress.

Things have been so busy busy busy during this trimester that sometimes I actually forget I am pregnant! I'm not so huge yet that I constantly feel the belly-weight, and I can still sort of bend at the waist to retrieve things or paint my toenails, and I've got a couple of very high-waisted or very low-rise pants/skirts that fit below the belly. About once a week I put away another handful of shirts that don't quite reach the waistband of my jeans. I'm actually wearing one right now... Classy, no? I also have a lot of shirts that are still too baggy. I am sure we will outgrow them before week 40. :)

There are also times when I pass a mirror/shiny car/sliding glass door when I am like WHOA. My profile has changed so much! And going up the stairs with Charlie on my hip is like being a pack mule. Sometimes I use my hands to pull me up the last couple steps even when I'm just walking empty handed. (Wait is that too pathetic for me to be sharing? Haha. It makes Steve laugh.) People have even started to make pregnancy comments at the gym (we are BACK at the gym now, btw). One woman with her leg in a cast even said, "Don't worry--I'm not the stork!"


Anyway we're just cruising along, and less than one week from the halfway point!

1 comment: