Wednesday, June 19, 2013

21 weeks.


Twenty-one weeks! OVER HALFWAY TO BABY!!!!! :)

It was so fun to see our cute girl on her ultrasound, just knowing that she's a girl has sort of changed our perspective from seeing this as another pregnancy to seeing it as a growing baby. It made everything feel so much more real.

And of course Gracie is just thrilled to bits at the idea of having a sister.


We've been spending the last little bit of Steve's time off skimming through the baby name book looking for baby girl's middle name and talking about getting all our cute Gracie-baby clothes out again. Can't wait to dress this sweet thing up!

In other news, I am hungry. Like clean-out-the-fridge, teenage-boy-hungry. A couple days this week I've had two lunches a couple hours apart. (Yesterday: 11:30am - salad with cranberries, apples, and a whole diced chicken breast; 1:30pm - chicken sandwich.) I've been kind of freaked out by how much I need to eat, but since my weight gain has been normal I guess its okay that I eat at least as much as Steve at meals now? And lets be honest--I'm not about to hang around being hungry.

We've also been nesting. I like that Steve nests just as bad as I do. He's been hanging pictures, we moved the piano he recently repainted into the family room, and he scouted some fabric to reupholster the matching bench. We also added an Ikea coffee table we've been eyeing longingly since last year. (It is beautiful and I love it.) And I've been making sketches and room plans for the now-empty-except-for-a-table (but no chairs) living room as we talk about the merits of sofas and ottomans. The house is still only partly unpacked, but it is starting to come together and feel more and more like home.


2 comments:

  1. Random, but if you all are ever looking for fabric remnants to do little things in the room, check out 1502 Fabrics on Burke Street (http://www.1502fabrics.com/). They'll have their remnants/re-sales for something like $4/yd (possibly less...that's based off a really nice upholstery fabric I got to re-do my dining room chairs). They also have tons of really cute/girl-themed fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on little baby girl!!!! Can't wait to see more pictures of your new house.

    ReplyDelete