31 weeks exactly.
I'm a little behind, since we'll be snapping the next weekly picture tomorrow, but I'm still technically 31 weeks (and 6 days!) along. I'd like to say I'm not counting down the days but... well. Look at me. I'm counting down the days. :)
I punched my numbers into a BMI calculator today, just for fun. (Do you ever wonder about the things I choose to do "for fun"? I know Steve does.) I'm just so huge around the middle and so petite, I thought it would be funny to see. A BMI of 30 is considered obese. My current BMI? 29.3. Four more pounds and I will hit the mark! Haha.
I'm also slightly afraid that I might actually catch up to Steve's weight this time. Since he is a full 14 inches taller than me and a man, I have been pretty happy to let him have the heavy-weight (ha!) title around here, even when I'm preggers. I think I need another 15lbs to catch him, so hopefully I give birth/stop eating so many cupcakes before that happens. :)
Does this door make me look short?
Non-baby things that have happened? Gracie had her open house last Thursday and then started kindergarten (I was a mess, but she came home very happy!) on Monday. And my OBG (original baby girl, obvs) turned 5!!! Charlie had a little meet-the-teacher conference at his preschool on Thursday. (He'll be going a couple mornings a week so he can get some social time while Grace is at school). And Steve finished up his Peds Emergency rotation and started a month at the adult Emergency Department (ED). Also, I was in bed by 8 last night, and asleep by 9:45, and it. was. glorious.
Also lots of snuggling my boy. He sometimes uses Juliette as a pillow.
And baby-related-things? My linea nigra (a little tan stripe on your skin that starts at your belly button) appeared out of nowhere this week. I was thinking maybe it wouldn't show up at all, and then there it was. My back is starting to protest the size of this baby, so I've started wearing a very
I almost tripped over a watermelon we left on the floor (I know) because I couldn't see it past my belly.
And pregnancy-brain is worse than ever--I routinely forget the names of the kids I teach in primary every Sunday--and I've been teaching them for MONTHS! Luckily I can usually force my brain back into gear by the time I have to call on anyone. Usually.
I had a doctor appointment yesterday. As usual, everything weird I'm experiencing is pregnancy-normal/fine. :) My nurse (also named Jamie) was adorable, and told me I was the cutest pregnant woman she had ever seen, which I thought was very sweet. It made me smile. We talked about her siblings and my kiddos and how neither of us had sisters until we got some in-laws.
The doctor was maybe late? Or brusque? Because he was in and out in a snap. He literally measured my stomach and remained standing--right by the door--as I asked him my few questions. (He suggested YouTube prenatal yoga to help my crazy popping joints. Dare I?) I was not a fan of this. Luckily there are about forty billion doctors at my practice, so I don't have to see him again. Though my least fav doctor last time ended up delivering Charlie (and did a fabulous job, I might add) so maybe I'll see this fellow again at baby-time.
Juliette's heartbeat was at 140, and for the first time the nurse felt my belly to find her before she put the doppler on there. When the doctor came in, he told me where her head, bum, and spine were! She is sitting sort of sideways right now, with her spine on the right side of my stomach and her feet and hands on the left. I had been wondering why she didn't have her feet up under my right rib (as both her sibs did), and now I know. :)
Baby girl is also measuring normally so far (yay!) and at the 31 week mark most babies are about 16-18 inches long and around 3.5lbs. Which means this little bun is getting BIG! Gracie was 21 inches and Charlie was 22, so she's getting close to her final length already. She just needs to pack on some more pounds. (Heaven help me!)
Weeks pregnant (for visit): 31 wks 5 days
Pre-pregnancy weight: 113 lbs
Current weight: 140 lbs
Net weight gain: 27 lbs
Doctor visits: 10
Ultrasounds: 2
Cups peed in: 9
Blood draws: 4.5
Baby's heartrate: 140 bpm



No comments:
Post a Comment