Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Second Trimester Stats.

This trimester went slower and faster than the first, if that makes any sense. And we did a lot of growing--baby girl reached about 2 pounds and about 14 inches long!

Stats (totals for entire pregnancy):

Pre-pregnancy weight: 113 lbs
Second trimester end weight: 135 lbs
Net weight gain: 22 lbs
Doctor visits: 7
Ultrasounds: 2
Cups peed in: 7
Blood draws: 4.5
End of bad (medication-worthy) nausea: ~17 weeks

Some symptoms have been similar to Grace and Charlie this trimester, and some have been just downright weird. About halfway through the second trimester I finally started to get some energy back (I could walk up the stairs without feeling exhausted) but there are also days when I can very happily nap for the kids entire nap/quiet time from 1:30 or 2 until 4. But I'm happy to be awake and energized enough to do a load of laundry or clean up the kitchen. :)

Second Trimester Symptoms:

Braxton-Hicks -- starting at week 24, often bad enough that I spend 1 day a week just laying down
Overarching fatigue (not so bad this trimester, but still hanging on)
Sudden fatigue -- Sometimes I just suddenly have to lay down. Charlie has started responding to me sighing by asking, "Mommy do you need to yay down on the brown couch?"
Mild nausea -- Some mornings I still feel queasy for a couple of hours after breakfast
Restless Leg Syndrome -- So silly/annoying, and makes it hard to fall asleep!
Nightime waking (peeing 2-3 times per night, difficulty rolling over--ha!, RLS)
Food aversions
Tenderness of pelvic floor -- just sometimes, and seems pretty random (TMI sorry...)
Popped-out belly-button!
Hunger. :)
Loose/popping joints -- especially unnerving in my hips & surrounding joints. Am I going to fall apart???
Clumsiness
Itchy tummy (I'm lotioning every night now to help the poor itchy stretching belly!)
Geographic tongue
Growing moles
Bleeding gums/nose -- not a ton, but I just bleed easier than usual when I blow my nose or brush my teeth
Styes! So odd.

Food! I'm so glad to mostly love food again. I still have a couple of aversions, but mostly I'm pretty good. There are a few things that I don't mind, but they just taste wrong. With Charlie it was tacos--Steve makes these fabulous tacos, and they tasted weird the whole time I was pregnant. With Juliette it is soda (which is not bad--I don't need to be drinking soda). Coke just doesn't taste like Coke. Strange.

Cravings:
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork salad
Chocolate (we've been eating Klondike bars recently)
Eggs (I wanted these every morning for almost all of the 2nd trimester, but now I'm suddenly done)
Feta cheese (usually in a salad)
Avocados (this craving also waned by the end of trimester 2)

Aversions:

Peanut butter. (Still grosses me out big time. I can NOT eat it.)

All nuts except cashews (I eat cashews for snack time everyday for the protein)
Potatoes or anything made with/from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment