Baby was a little sneaky today, and it took two nurses to find the bun's heartbeat. As I told Steve, I "searched my feelings" a la Luke in Star Wars while this was happening, wondering if I should be worried. I felt very calm and like baby was okay, and after a lot of prodding on my belly the second nurse finally found a little heartbeat (in the 140s) for about 4 seconds before baby snuck back to rest somewhere away from the obnoxious doppler.
When the doctor came in (a new one, different from last time) she asked me to confirm how large my last baby was (and gave me some awe/props for delivering a 10 pounder). She gave me a little better idea of the game plan for if this baby is big. She said I should have an ultrasound around 37 weeks to check baby's size. If he/she is normal sized, then great. If we're more around the 8lb mark, we'll talk about induction options. And if it is closer to 9lbs, then we talk c-section. I was glad to have a little better idea of what to expect, and that induction is a possible alternative to c-section if baby isn't too overactive about his or her growing. :)
Also, based on measurements at the last ultrasound, they changed baby's due date--and it moved up! We're now due on:
October 27, 2013
Which means I am technically 14 weeks and 1 day pregnant, instead of 13 weeks and 4 days. :) I'll take it! Welcome, welcome, second trimester!
Stats:
Weeks pregnant: 14 wks 1 day (adjusted today)
Pre-pregnancy weight: 113 lbs
Current weight: 116 lbs (how?!)
Net weight gain: 3 lb
Doctor visits: 5
Ultrasounds: 1
Cups peed in: 4
Blood draws: 2

YAY second trimester! And really cute boots, by the way.
ReplyDelete