So, as is my custom, I've created a huge list of to-dos. See:
And then some to-do items require a sub-list, like what to pack in my hospital bag:
Did you notice chocolate is on there? Well above deodorant? I think we can all understand the importance of chocolate in surviving a hormonally-charged hospital stay.
As I'm sitting here I've realized a few more things I need to add to the big list, like:
1. What to pack in the kids' bag, and
2. Type up their routine for any babysitter who takes over during the day.
So consider those added.
For the last two weeks I've just been forcing my way through droopy eyelids to try to keep on top of things. I just remind myself that no matter how tired I am now, I will probably be even more tired after baby comes! So future me will appreciate the unloading of the dishwasher today, and how there aren't three weeks worth of dishes piled up when she (I) arrive(s) home from the hospital.
Last week I ordered Dreft from Amazon so I could wash all her bedding and clothes (is it so weird that I was excited to receive laundry detergent in the mail?), scoured a consignment sale for a few sets of extra baby jammies, worked on finding subs for my primary class (I teach 6/7 year olds at church every Sunday), cut out (but didn't sew together) an extra boppy cover, and started working on freezer meals!
I've got 4 meals worth of burrito mix (we make this great chicken-burrito mix in the crock pot), 4 frozen balls of pizza dough, and 2 lasagnas already awaiting a hungry, exhausted evening. And I've got plans to make some more freezer food this week, if I can convince my big belly and Charlie to go to the grocery store again. :)
Yummy, easy spinach lasagnas! And we ate a third for dinner the day I froze these two. Mmm. :)
Saturday I put away all of Juliette's hand-me-down Gracie clothes, which I had washed and folded the day the Dreft arrived. :) Look at all that pink!
And here is her top drawer, all filled with baby headbands, tiny diapers, baby wipes, and little hats for (what I expect to be) her very bald little head.
I'd already sorted the pump and bottles and some extra diapers into these boxes Becca gave us at our surprise baby shower. And aren't these ballet slippers the most precious things?? They are itty bitty!
Oh! I just remembered that I failed to post about the little summertime crib-building session that happened... I don't know, a few months ago. After a very long drive to a far away Wal*mart where I had pregnantly (accidentally) had this crib shipped, thinking I was having it sent to the close Wal*mart. Poor pregnant brain. And poor van-full of kids/husband.
When we finally got it home, the kids helped Steve unpack everything.
And then he let them take turns pulling the trigger on the corded drill to put it together.
They were so happy to be helping. Charlie still tells me how he helped Daddy with the drill to make Juliette's crib. It is pretty and I love seeing it in her room whenever I walk by. Sometimes I just go sit down in there and imagine what she will look like all bundled up and sleeping in it.
Quilt (above) and sheet (below).



No comments:
Post a Comment