Saturday, April 13, 2013

11 weeks.

My view today.

Thursday we hit the 11-week mark, and the end of the first trimester is finally drawing nearer. Gracie and I talked about the baby's fruit size (fig) and then looked one up on the internet so she would know what a fig looked like. Later that day I took her to Aldi (I actually did a couple mini-grocery trips during the week!) and as we picked out strawberries and apples she said, "Do they have figs here?" :) Cute girl.

So I was feeling pretty good, minus a few hours a day where I needed to lay down and recoup, until yesterday, when my body spontaneously decided that it wanted NO food to stay inside it. We'd had a good morning--some packing, lunch outside with the kids and the neighbors--but after that it started going downhill. I put myself to bed around 4 (I haven't done that this whole pregnancy). But eventually, about an hour later, I threw up--you know, the way that feels like it takes over your body? Steve said, "Like it starts in your toes." Which is just what it felt like. It happened just as Steve was about to leave with Charlie to go pick up his new doctor coats(!!!) at school. He ran back in and helped me stop and brought me a glass of water, and I was so glad it hadn't happened a few minutes later, when I would have been all alone. And then again, later, even though I had nothing in my tummy. It was just awful. I miss my normal, healthy self so much. I've been in bed most of the day, sipping water and Gatorade and trying to eat applesauce (part of the BRAT diet for when your tummy is sick) but I am clamoring to be done with this phase. It is so hard that the only other thing I can do (besides the meds and the laying down) is to wait.

I told Steve today that I really need to see this baby, and he just stroked my hair and said, "Yes, you do." Really glad we get to on Wednesday. I think that will put things in perspective.

I missed the Dash opening day, which we were planning to take the kids to (our local baseball team has free lunch, bounce houses, and lets kids run the bases on opening day--super cute/fun) but the kids called me from the fun. Gracie said, "How ya feeling?" And that was cute. And then Charlie got on the phone and said, "Hi Mommy!" and mumbled a lot of things, and then when I asked if he was at the baseball park he started laughing hysterically and said, "Silly Mommy!!!"

Anyway I'm keeping it together over here as much as possible. Pinky swear! I'm going to try rice for dinner. Yummmm. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment