Monday, April 1, 2013

Dr Appt. (#3)

So I realized that I skipped blogging about the second doctor appointment--my first one at the OB's office--but it was basically just a health history and chatting with a nurse. And my favorite: peeing in a cup. Obvs.

But today I met with an actual obstetrician (the one who was scheduled to deliver Charlie if he had to be induced). This guy is probably the happiest, most personable doctor I have ever met. So nice, laid back, understanding, and knows when to crack a joke about morning sickness. My favorite in the whole practice. He walked in, shook my hand, and said, "Welcome back!" And then proceeded to assure me that we would try to keep this baby "out of the double digits." (Unlike our Charlie-boy who was delivered at a healthy 10lb 1oz.)

So I started things off with some peeing-in-a-cup and "gown" (sheet) draping, and got my first official exam of the pregnancy. I will spare you the details except to say that everything was as it should be at this point along. Woo woo! No baby heartbeat today, but our next appointment will be the NST scans, so for Steve's first visit we will actually SEE baby!

Then I popped back into the bathroom (one thing I LOVE about this practice--every exam room has its own bathroom! I don't even have an en-suite in my bedroom right now!) and I de-toga'd and re-jeaned-and-t-shirted myself before the doc returned for a chat.

He said that my test results from last time were all normal (yay!) and promised to give me a refillable Zofran prescription (yay!) so I can stop calling my family practitioner every week for more (which makes me feel kind of like a drug addict) and then we talked about big babies. He said, "When we have a baby whose shoulder gets stuck in delivery... we like to avoid a repeat performance of that." With which I agreed completely. He said we would wait and see--Gracie was a totally manageable size--but that if this baby was looking overly-large in the last month or so, that we should be prepared to consider a C-section.

I am totally okay with that, if it comes to it, and I told him so. I was glad he brought it up, and glad to have this much time to mentally prepare myself for that possibility. And just glad to be expecting this little one! A third! Holy cow!!!

When I got home, Gracie asked me if I'd gotten a sticker for doing good at the doctor's office. :)

Stats:

Pre-pregnancy weight: 113
Current weight: 116
Weeks pregnant: 9w 4d
Doctor visits: 3
Cups (formally) peed in: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment