12 weeks on Thursday, and baby is now the size of a lime. I love limes! Cute.
Also, it turns out that my terrible, horrible nausea/throwing up/etc. over the weekend was the stomach flu. Isn't it weird that I could have the stomach flu and not know? Pregnancy is the weirdest. Anyway as of yesterday I was feeling back to (pregnancy) normal, which means I still feel a little icky in the evenings, but most of the time I am pretty okay. SO relieved that throwing up is not the new norm. Best baby so far in the nausea department. Yay #3! You are great.
Stats:
Weeks pregnant: 12 wks 1 day (or maybe a little further???)
Pre-pregnancy weight: 113 lbs
Current weight: 112 lbs (the stomach flu was rough on me)
Net weight gain: -1 lb
Doctor visits: 4
Ultrasounds: 1
Cups peed in: 3 (Steve peed in one last week, too, for work! Solidarity!)
Blood draws: 2
Wednesday (the day before lime-day) Steve and I got to go in to the doctor's office together for our first ultrasound! (Thanks to Becca, who hung out with Charlie so he didn't have to go.) We each took our own misgivings (Was it twins? Heartbeat okay? Healthy? Was there really a baby in there?!) but our little bun looked calm and happy. Seeing that little fluttering heartbeat (158 bpm!) made my heart happy. And when I glanced over to make eye contact with Steve, he was just fixated on the screen. I don't think he looked away from it the whole time.

Baby looks good! He/she is measuring a few days ahead of the due date we have (measured at 12wks 3 days on Weds) but the tech said she didn't think they would change the due date. (I have to admit I had the momentary thought--is it already measuring big?! Haha.)
The bun's heartbeat was good, and so far it seems like a chill baby (but, to be fair, so did Charlie), because it mostly just snuggled quietly with its hand up by its face. It did give us a few good wiggles and jumps when the tech prodded it, though. When it did, Steve said, "It is so crazy that it can move like that and you can't even feel it!" So true! And amazing to me that this tiny lime can look so much like the little person it is baking to become!
Classic alien-face view:
So funny. Glad they come out looking... not like aliens.
Afterward I got my blood drawn (woo!) and we went to Panera for a little pastry mini-date before heading home to Charlie. When Gracie got home from school we showed her the pictures. I guess it is kind of hard to get excited about something that looks like a Rorschach test when you're four-and-a-half. She checked it out for a second and then was on to unloading her backpack of preschool art projects. :)
Charlie, on the other hand, held and examined "picture of baby!" for a long, long time.


No comments:
Post a Comment