The first trimester isn't terribly exciting, really, so I hope you'll forgive the sparseness of posts. We have yet to see/hear baby, and even though my pants fit weird and I feel icky & tired, I don't really feel pregnant yet, you know? I just feel... icky and tired. Haha. I asked Steve if it felt real to him yet, and he agreed--not yet.
There's something about that first woosh woosh wooshing heartbeat on the doppler, though, that just strikes you right in the soul.
I'm so excited to see baby on our ultrasound next week, and that we get to go together. I will probably cry. I don't think it ever gets old. Its a miracle every time.
My nausea is settling down. Much earlier than I expected. I've been getting dressed in real clothes since I first posted about it (no more jammies/sweatpants) and this week I've eaten dinner with everyone, even the same food they are eating! That is a big deal. I've also run some little errands, done a mini-grocery trip, and helped Steve with some packing around the house. I usually have to have a little lie down after too much exertion, and I get sick if I wait too long to eat, but other than that, things are looking up. I'm planning to keep up on the Zofran and Unisom until the nausea is 100% gone, and I'm popping a prenatal vitamin and some other stuff (to deal with the side effects of the Zofran) daily, too, so I'm a veritable pharmacy, but oh, it is so worthwhile.
I still think it is amazing, this whole parenthood thing. The other day I looked at our kids, who are just such little people now, and so funny and lovely and passionate and just so much their own selves, and I couldn't believe that Steve and I made them. Obviously God did most of the footwork. But the fact that they are here even partly because of the two of us just blows my mind sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment