Today marks nine weeks of baby, and four weeks of successfully completed morning sickness. I told Steve that and he seemed pleasantly surprised. We've been slogging through it, but I think it is at least going by a little quicker than we thought it would.
This pregnancy has been nothing like my other two. I mean, in little ways it has. But in most ways it is just its very own. As this baby will be, I guess. It makes me feel almost free-spirited about it, because... there is nothing predictable, nothing really familiar (so far), but things seem to be okay. I mean, I feel like they are okay. And I am better at trusting that now than I was ever before.
One (very pleasant) thing about this pregnancy is that I'm actually feeling a little better. I don't know if it is permanent, since we are only in week nine, or if it is a result of the happy little cocktail of drugs (anti-nausea Zofran generic twice a day + Unisom at bedtime), or if my body is getting the hang of pregnancy, or if it is a fluke. But it is a blessing to have a little relief. I still feel kind of queasy, and I only wanted fettucini Alfredo for dinner for the past four nights, but no bad throwing-up feelings, and I felt good enough to take the kids outside to play and (force myself to) pick up the playroom.
Madeline piggy-backed her Vivienne over to play in the yard with us. She said she would predict the baby's gender based on my symptoms, except I that already have a boy and a girl and it is not like either one's pregnancy. So maybe it's twins.
While I can't say I am geared up and ready to have twins... I would like four kids. And I would like to not have to be pregnant again. So, for the first time, it actually sounds okay.
Not sure how I will feel once the morning sickness part is over, though, and I'm into the nice second trimester part. Probably twins would seem more scary then, and pregnancy not so much.
This morning Gracie came into my room after Steve came to wake me up (how spoiled am I that he gets up with them most mornings? SO spoiled, I know. I know.) and she hopped around like a bunny rabbit for a minute and then came over to me and said, "How big is it?" (meaning, of course, the baby) and I told her, "A grape!"
"A grape?!" she squealed. "Show me."
So I put my thumb and forefinger about an inch apart and then she wanted me to line my fingers up with her thumb and forefinger so she could make the perfect size herself.
Also of note, Charlie has an ear infection (poor kid) and our sweet neighbors had a baby girl this morning! So now there are five Plantzes and I have someone new to ask about how to raise three kids.
Three kids!
I am still a little in awe of that idea + me.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment