When I am not almost-seven-weeks (tomorrow!) pregnant, I love food. Love it. Like, I spend most of my morning looking forward to lunch. And then the afternoon looking forward to dinner. And then the evening looking forward to dessert. I love food.
I've been surprised, with this pregnancy, that I've actually been able to eat some normal food during the morning sick phase. Not all of it (last night I hid out in the family room while everyone ate French toast and smoothies) and even when something sounds good it doesn't always taste right (the other day Steve made me some bacon that I *know* was delicious, but then I started laughing because to me it tasted like... Butt.). But I can eat some food foods, and have craved nothing from McDonalds or Burger King so far!
Right now I am really in to the Fuji apple chicken salad from Panera. I could eat it once a day very happily. But those are expensive. The other things I can reliably eat? Rice based cereals (rice kris pies, Special K) and cheddar bratwurst. Not together, obvs. But still. Strange. I eat a bratwurst for lunch every day. And I can sometimes eat vegetables!!! This is huge.
Sometimes I have a craving for something else yummy. In the fist week of nausea I wanted this butternut squash pasta so badly that I roasted the squash and made it for myself. I had a bowl for lunch, and then by dinner it disgusted me and I couldn't stomach any more and I hated it forever and threw it away. :) But in real life it is yummy.


No comments:
Post a Comment