Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Gracie on babies, part three.

I am sick. Some days are better than others. Today was bad.

Gracie looks after me and checks on me a lot.

Today when I went into the bathroom (to maybe-throw-up) she called out, "Hi, sickie-Mommy!" Sometimes she calls Steve for me when I am ill. "Daddy! Mommy needs you! Mommy's throwing up!!!"

She comes up to me and holds her hands apart (like a fisherman showing the size of his best catch) and says, "How sick you feel today? This sick? THIS sick?" Widening her hands until she reaches the correct sickness amount. Today I showed her a width the size of a watermelon, and she said, "That's how big the baby's going to be!"

She is tickled that it is the size of a blueberry right now. It makes her giggle and giggle.

She will also pause to scratch my back or give me an Eskimo kiss or kiss the spot on my tummy where the baby is.

"Where is the baby?" she asked me today. "By your belly button?" I showed her where it was, and then she kissed it, surveyed my stomach and said, "There's no holes... How does it get out?"

She still maintains that she would prefer a sister, and last night in family prayer she asked Heavenly Father to say a prayer to her (since that is how she speaks to Him, she thought that would be how He would speak back I think) and tell her if she was going to get a boy baby or a girl baby.

Sure love my girl. I'm a pretty lucky mama to have her taking care of us all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment