Thursday, March 14, 2013

Views from the Couch.

Today we are seven weeks (!) and I went to Costco. I felt a little blah, but Steve is sick (asleep in bed right now, at two in the afternoon) and we needed milk and diapers and wipes, and I thought it would be good for me to get myself out of the house. Luckily the distraction of kiddos and shopping (and the eating of cheese and crackers in the car--for me not them!) kept my body in check, and I didn't feel really icky again until we we done shopping. We went around eleven, which is also my prime time of day for feeling good, so all in all it was a successful outing. We even brought home Naked juice for Steve. (Gracie thought it was hilarious that it is called NAKED.)

Most of the time, though, I am on the couch. I love our couch. It is comfy and pretty and lives in the family room, the room with my favorite light. In the morning, after Steve lets me sleep in until nine and I eat graham crackers in bed to settle my stomach, I bring my pillow in and settle down to do the best parenting one can do from a couch, with occasional breaks when I try to clean something or feed the kiddos/myself. (I am a lot more troublesome to feed.)

Anyway, most of the photos I have taken recently have been from my little corner of the sofa. It is cute how life keeps happening around me even though I am just laying here. Charlie especially stays nearby, and often climbs over me and tucks himself between my body and the couch to snuggle and giggle and pretend he is napping on me by fake-snoring. I took a bunch of videos of him today and then we watched them and he started laughing uncontrollably.

Views from the couch:



















No comments:

Post a Comment